Thursday 24 February 2011

There is no one more reformed than ...

... an ex-smoker, so when I read the BBC headlines Welsh Assembly Government's 'smoke-free society' aim, I was intrigued .... it sounded good.

I wanted to read more, find out what their plans were, could I help in any way ?

The link from the BBC to the plan was the first step, it's only 47 pages try it for yourself, so I downloaded the document and 2 hours later after reading over lunch, a long lunch, I felt both optimistic and a cheated.

Optimism came at page 11, it had a vision, 3 parts, each part I could sign up to and then some ....

... after the vision came the platitudes of the political stocking filler, do you remember the chocolate Santa, brightly covered with red and silver paper with that smooth chocolate loved by children, but one bite and a hollow centre, "continue to support" "action plans" "ensure ... embedded ... planning", when it got to "WAG will work with ..." came the realisation the document was a "fart" from politicians and their staff with a lot of time on their hands, but with so little vision as to be handicapped, ........ poor electorate, poor Wales !


... memories of the stocking filler ...


There is a positive in the document, it invites views and comments by 18 May 2011, have I got something to say that might help the vision .......

No comments:

Post a Comment